Do you feel like you are burning the candle on both ends? Feeling as if you cannot replenish your energy after a long day of work? Stress is a natural part of life, so we look to improve the way you manage stress. Burnout on the other-hand is avoidable. If you want to manage stress better and have a better work-life balance, this episode is for you.
Finding The Balance Between Your Work And Personal Life
There are five categories we are going to focus when it comes to building a proper work-life balance.
- Managing your time
- Having a social life
- Managing work
- Making time for family
- Weekends and leisure time
Managing Your Time
- Set your prioritizes for the day, week, month, and year. This could include a meeting-free day at work, and setting time aside to attend family events.
- Make time for hobbies. Find passion projects and build relationships outside of work. Adjust the time available for hobby on busier weeks, but make sure you still make time for the activity.
- Stop multi-tasking. Be in the moment (it’s okay to combine activities though).
Having A Social Life
- The weekend is usually where you set your time to have fun, but plan at least one enjoyable activity during the week.
- Set up reoccurring social activities, like a monthly book club or weekly dinner with your friends. You will then plan work around your activity, instead of the other way around.
- Make the most of the time you have in the office, and leave the rest for tomorrow. Avoid the temptation to keep working.
- Make a commitment to yourself to leave at a certain time and share that with others. Make sure everyone knows and block off the last 20-minutes of your day so you can complete your “one last thing”.
- When you feel surrounded and suffocated by work, it is most likely because you are. Take a moment before work, after work, or during your lunch break to call someone you care about and discuss something not work related.
Making Time For Family
- Allow others to help. Whether that is family, a trusted friend, hiring someone, etc. You should not do it all yourself, nor should you try.
- Flexible hours and work-from-home opportunities are becoming more commonplace. Whether you are the boss or the employee, focus on how the flexibility will help you increase productivity.
Weekends and Leisure Time
- Set some time aside where you are not looking at any screens. Then use that time to do something physical or creative that you love.
- Do not use your weekends as an opportunity to catch up on work. Even though you may feel accomplished on Monday, you are setting yourself up for burnout.
Conquer Doubt and Fear of Failure Sponsors:
- Champion of Change: The 7 Instrumental Laws of Change that will Jumpstart and Solidify Your Success, Your Growth, Your Life.
- Most people want to change something about their life, but they are discouraged by doubt and a fear of failure. I created U. Forecast Hope, so you can accomplish your resolutions and be confident in your ability to Become the Champion of Your Dream Life.
Free “Conquer Your Fears and Self-Doubt” Coaching Session
- If you want to accomplish your goals and find your purpose without sacrificing your happiness or your well-being, I invite you to set up your FREE 30-minute “Conquer Your Fears and Self-Doubt” coaching session. Book Your Session
- We will work together to identify the constricting and false beliefs that are sabotaging your life.
- You will uncover hidden mindset techniques to change your beliefs from one of fear and failure to one of accomplishments and confidence.
- And you will leave the session renewed, re-energized, and inspired to conquer your fears and self-doubt so you can finally start living your dream life.
Free Mindset Changing Resources:
- 12 Powerful Beliefs of The Successful That You Need To Embrace
- 10 Discipline-Free Approaches to Eliminate Procrastination From Your Life
- 7 Ways To Overcome Doubt and Fear of Failure
Resource: 37 Tips for a Better Work-Life Balance